Looking for information about construction companies in Nigeria? Well, you made it to the right post. This article discusses everything about construction companies in Nigeria.
Construction Companies in Nigeria – An Introduction
Nigeria is a nation currently investing highly in technology and infrastructure.
To achieve this, the government and private organizations need the expert services of reliable indigenous and foreign construction companies in Nigeria.
These companies are saddled with the responsibility of building solid structures in line with aesthetic requirements.
Infrastructure aesthetics is quite important these days because people love to see beautiful structures that serve a purpose, which can help in generating revenue for the proprietors.
What are Construction Companies?
You know the way hospitals in Nigeria are responsible for the orthodox diagnosis, treatment, and housing of patients and all who walk through their gates?
Well, construction companies are responsible for the building and construction of various structures.
Some of these structures include houses, bridges, hospitals, roads, facilities, and so on.
They draw plans for each of these structures on paper and bring them to life using various tools, equipment, materials, and labor.
Types of Construction Companies
Just like hospitals, there are different types of construction companies.
Each type has the technological know-how, equipment, and labor to handle specific projects.
Here are the types of construction companies:
- Civil Engineering Company
- Heavy Engineering and Construction
- Real Estate Developers
- MEP Contractors
- Package Builders
- Allied Services
- EPC- Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Companies
- PMC- Project Management Consultant
Construction Companies in Nigeria
There are various types of indigenous and multinational companies in Nigeria, and construction companies are one of the most important of them all.
Just as was said in the introduction, Nigeria is looking to expand and invest in infrastructure for the future.
The vast number of indigenous and top multinational companies in the construction industry in Nigeria makes it possible to achieve.
Multinational construction companies contribute to the socio-cultural and economic development of the nation – not just its infrastructure.
They’ve played a crucial role in making some states to enter the list of the richest states in Nigeria in terms of IGR.
They are responsible for the design and construction of many structures such as hospitals, companies, plants, and other facilities.
List of Construction Companies in Nigeria
Here are a few construction companies in Nigeria (in no particular order):
Julius Berger Nigeria PLC
Julius Berger Nigeria PLC is first on our list, and why not?
This construction company has established itself as one of the top organizations in the engineering and infrastructure business.
Almost every Nigerian knows about their prowess.
It is an indigenous company established in 1970, with its headquarters in Abuja, the nation’s capital.
The company also has facilities in different parts of the country such as Uyo and Lagos.
The company is one of the biggest construction engineering companies in Lagos.
Julius Berger is responsible for the construction of some of the most iconic projects in Nigerian history, some of which include:
- Abuja’s International Conference Centre (1990)
- National Assembly Annex (1993)
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (1978)
- Tin Can Port (1977)
- Jebba Road Bridge (1976)
- Lagos Ring Road (1975)
- Warri Bypass (1981)
- Maitama District and Central Area Phase III (1987)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (1998-2000)
- Uyo Ring Road (2012)
- Akwa Ibom Stadium Complex (2014)
- Second River Niger Bridge (2012- Ongoing)
- 3 Flyover bridges in Port Harcourt (2019 – Ongoing)
Julius Berger Nigeria PLC has also executed various repair projects across the country.
The company is, without a doubt, on the list of top 100 companies in Nigeria.
When it comes to employee salaries, they are also one of the best-paying companies in Nigeria.
China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC)
CCECC Nigeria Limited is one of the most popular foreign companies in Nigeria.
Chinese men dressed in protective overalls are not new sights on Nigerian roads as they are most likely to be construction supervisors from the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC).
CCECC is a multinational construction company established in 1979 with the approval of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China.
The company has its headquarters in Beijing, China, and has conducted operations in over 50 countries across the globe.
CCECC offices are located in various regions across Nigeria, and it is one of the biggest construction companies in Abuja.
As one of the top mechanical engineering companies in Nigeria, CCECC is responsible for many major construction projects in the country.
They are responsible for the modernization of the following railway systems:
- The Lagos Mass Transit Railways
- Itakwe-Warry Railway system
- The Coastal Railways
- The Lagos-Ibadan-Abuja-Minna Railways
Without a doubt, CCECC has played an active role in the construction of multidimensional and sustainable transport systems within the country.
This makes it one of the top construction companies in Nigeria.
Its construction and infrastructural exploits also place it high on the elite list of multinational companies in Nigeria.
El-Alan Construction Company
When you’re talking about the fastest growing construction industries in Nigeria, El-Alan should be part of the conversation.
El-Alan Construction Company was established in 1982 as a private limited liability company.
Today, the company has grown far beyond what it used to be and is steadily becoming a big-game player in the world of construction and civil engineering in Nigeria.
It is one of the top companies in Nigeria and has executed various projects over the years, including projects with top oil companies in Nigeria.
The company is one of the best building construction companies in Nigeria.
The company can also boast of a couple of construction achievements since its inception.
El-Alan is responsible for some classic commercial projects such as:
- WAPIC Insurance building
- OLAM Kaduna Office
- TGI Office
- 7UP Office
- Kunech Tower
- LAFARGE Head Office
- GlaxoSmithKline Office
- Cummins Office
The company is likewise responsible for some infrastructural projects such as:
- Nestle Treatment Plant
- Wheat Silos at Ibadan
- 7UP Treatment Plant
- Zenith Car Park
- 7UP Truck Park
- WAMCO Storage Building
- Powerhouse Apapa
- Techno Oil Building
El-Alan is one name you should watch out for.
The company is pitched to give other big guns in the construction company a run for their money in years to come and become one of the big companies in Nigeria.
Dantata and Sawoe Construction Company Limited
Dantata and Sawoe, founded in 1976, is one of the most prestigious construction establishments in Nigeria.
This company, through its construction projects, has associated itself with quality, timely delivery, and reliability.
Dantata and Sawoe is heavily involved in the execution of projects like road construction, industrial plants, and commercial centers.
They are also involved in city infrastructure, and other construction projects such as irrigation and hydrological works, production of building materials, and production of prefabricated elements.
Some of the notable projects executed by Dantata and Sawoe Construction Company include:
- The Outer Northern Expressway, Abuja
- Construction of Infrastructure facilities and Road for Gudu District, Phase I
- Compaction of Subgrade works at Auchi, Benin Road
- Construction of Concrete Foundation Works in LNG Plant, Rivers State
- Asphalt Supply for Abuja-Kano Expressway
- Benue State Government House
- Construction of Apron for Dutse Airport
- Construction of Infrastructure facilities and Roads at New High Brow Layout, Dutse
- Assembly of Blast Pad for Dutse Airport
- Platform and Access Roadworks, Dangote Jetty
- DAAR Communications, Abuja
- Wearing Course at Ibrahim Aliyu Road
The company has also secured contracts to execute major construction jobs in Nigeria, which are currently ongoing.
With over 40 years of experience and delivery of impeccable service, Dantata and Sawoe is arguably the best construction company in Nigeria.
Setraco Nigeria Limited
Setraco was founded in 1977 and since then, has grown to become a leading figure in engineering construction in Nigeria.
The company specializes in building roads and bridges, as well as producing asphalt, concrete, and aggregate.
Setraco combines experience and the advent of new techniques to deliver top-notch infrastructure materials and flawless construction materials.
With its operations and complete projects in over 20 states in Nigeria, one can boldly say that Setraco has had quite an impact on the positive development of Nigerian infrastructure.
Here is a list of ongoing and completed projects by Setraco Nigeria Limited:
- Construction of Amassoma-Toru-Ebeni Bridge and Access Road (Completed)
- Rehabilitation of Enugu-Abakaliki Road (Completed)
- Construction of Fly-Over Bridge at Mogadishu Cantonment/Sunrise Hills Estate (Completed)
- Reconstruction of Ayogwiri-Imiakebu-Igodor-Okpekpe Road (Completed)
- Construction of Mkpat Enin-Ikot Abia -Ikot Etefia – Ikot Essang Road (Completed)
- Reconstruction of Jattu – Afowa – Itora – Akpana – Ayogwiri road (Completed)
- Construction of Afaha Obong – Ikwek – Utu Etim Ekpo Road (Completed)
- Dualization of East-West Road Section I Warri-Kaiama (Ongoing)
- Reconstruction of Ekperi – Anegbette Road and Bridge (Ongoing)
- Construction of Bomadi-Gbaregolor / Ogriagbene Road (Ongoing)
- East-West Road Dualization (Section II and Sub Section I & II) Port Harcourt Eleme Junction to Ahoada and Kaiama to Ahoada Bayelsa (Ongoing)
Reynolds Construction Company
Reynolds Construction Company, RCC for short, is one of many subsidiaries of SBI International Holdings.
It is one of the top tech companies in the world, especially in terms of construction and infrastructure.
Reynolds has executed dozens of road construction in Nigeria (urban and rural roads, highways, and runways for airports), building construction, quarries and plants, and water infrastructure.
Here are a few of the major projects completed by RCC Construction Company:
- Construction Of Elekahia-Rumuomasi Road (Completed; 2012)
- Rehabilitation And Asphalt Overlay Of Benin-Shagamu Dualization Carriageway (Completed; 2010)
- Rehabilitation of Lagos-Shagamu Expressway (Completed; 2008)
- Katampe District Extension Infrastructure Project, FCT Abuja (Completed; 2012)
- Reconstruction Of Umeze-Anam-Mmiata Road (Ongoing)
- Dualization of Abuja-Abaji Road. Section II, Contract No.5863 (Ongoing)
Monier Construction Company
1955 was the year that saw the establishment of what would later become a leading engineering company specializing in civil construction and infrastructure.
Monier Construction Company (MCC) Nigeria Ltd. has built a solid reputation in Nigerian construction; a reputation which places it on any list of construction companies in Lagos, and Nigeria as a whole.
The company specializes mainly in road construction, building, and production of construction materials.
The quality of materials produced by Monier Construction Company places it on any list of manufacturing companies in Nigeria.
The company is one of the biggest companies in Port Harcourt since it has its headquarters in the state.
Monier also has branches in various geopolitical regions across the country.
Brunelli Construction Company (Nigeria) Limited
Brunelli Construction Company (BCC) is another leading figure in Nigerian construction and infrastructural development.
The company was incorporated in Nigeria in 1972, and since then, it has been making great strides in construction.
BCC has its international head office in Milan, but its Nigerian head office at Km. 3, Lagos-Badagry Expressway, by Alafia Bus-Stop, Orile, Iganmu, Lagos.
The company is known for its expertise and top-notch delivery in road construction, but its activities also cover other spheres of construction and infrastructure such as shoreline protection, dredging, construction of jetties, and pilling.
Bouygues Construction is a multinational construction company established in France in 1952 by Francis Bouygues.
The company is a world-class brand that specializes in infrastructure and industrial building projects and prides itself as a forerunner in creating sustainable construction.
Bouygues Construction has operations in over 60 countries globally, with over 58,000 individuals in its employ.
The company is responsible for the construction of the Jabi Lake Shopping Mall located in Abuja, as well as many other exquisite projects outside the country.
Bouygues Construction, Nigeria remains one of the best construction companies in the country, and their exquisite service is proof of that.
Bouygues Construction remains one of the best international companies in Nigeria and their work environment makes them one of the best companies to work for in Nigeria.
Arab Contractors Nigeria Limited
Although last on the list, Arab Contractors are surely not the least on the list of construction companies in Nigeria.
When it comes to construction and infrastructure, the company is up there on the list of companies in Nigeria, and its exploits over the years prove that.
This world-renowned company is also top on the list of construction companies in Nigeria, with branches in Abuja, the nation’s capital.
With this impressive list of Nigerian construction companies, new companies in Nigeria should have no problems in building superb structures for their businesses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Construction Companies in Nigeria
Which construction company is the best in Nigeria?
It is quite difficult to point out a single construction company as the best in Nigeria since there are so many world-class ones operating within the country.
However, here’s a list of the top 5 construction companies in Nigeria;
- Julius Berger
- Brunelli Construction Company
- China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC)
- Dantata and Sawoe Construction Company (Nigeria) Ltd.
- Monier Construction Company
Who is the biggest construction company in the world?
China State Construction Engineering Corporation (CSCEC) is the biggest construction company on a global level based on contracting revenue.
This should come as no surprise as China is the leading figure in world engineering, construction, and infrastructure.
Other notable names in world construction include:
- Vinci Construction Company (France)
- Bechtel Construction Company (United States)
- Bouygues Construction Company (France)
- Power Construction Corp. of China (China)
- Skanska Construction Company (Sweden)
- Larsen and Toubro Construction Company (India)
- Hochtief Aktiengesellschaft (Germany)
Who is the owner of Setraco Construction Company?
Setraco was founded in 1977 and is owned by Inu Umoru and Said Khalaf – two young entrepreneurs that dared to venture into the business of construction.
Today, Setraco is a leading figure in construction in Nigeria and various other countries globally.
How many construction companies are in Lagos?
There are a total of 67 top construction companies in Lagos State.
Taking a look at the overall list of top companies in Lagos, you will also find out that the region is home to almost every company in Nigeria.
Lagos houses many top technology companies in Nigeria, as well as many private companies in Nigeria.
How much does a Civil Engineer earn in Nigeria?
At entry-level, Civil Engineers may earn as high as 150,000 naira monthly.
Moving up the ranks and depending on the area of expertise, the pay may rise to as high as 200,000 to 500,000 naira per month.
There are various types of civil engineers, so this value may increase based on that.
Who is the largest construction company in the US?
Bechtel Engineering Company is arguably the largest construction company in the United States.
Other sources may say otherwise, but this company will rank first to third on any list of construction companies in the USA.
Bechtel was established in the year 1898 in San Francisco, California, but it has its headquarters in Reston, Virginia.
The company specializes in civil infrastructure, project management, procurement, engineering, and general construction.
The company was founded by Warren A. Bechtel but is now run by Brendan Bechtel – the fifth-generation family member to do so.
Other notable mentions include:
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Houston, Texas)
- Turner Construction (New York, New York)
- Skanska Construction Company (New York, New York)
- AECOM (Los Angeles, California)
- PCL Construction (Denver, Colorado)
- McDermott International (Houston, Texas)
- KBR (Kellogg, Brown, and Root) Inc. (Houston, Texas)
- Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, Nebraska)
What is the meaning of CCECC?
CCECC is an acronym that stands for the China Civil Engineering Construction Company.
CCECC is one of the biggest names in global construction, and they are operational in many countries all over the world.
Who makes the most money in construction?
Elevator makers and repairers are said to be the highest-paid labor in construction.
While the job description suggests that they only work on elevators, it should be known that these individuals also work on chair lifts, escalators, and moving walkways.
They have to work in confined areas such as elevator shafts and crawl spaces.
Elevator makers and repairers have a median annual pay of $85,000 and this figure is projected to increase by 7% in the next 10 years.
What is the best name for a Construction Company?
When choosing a name for your construction company, keep the following tips in mind:
- Keep it concise and simple
- You can use your name or the name(s) of your partner(s)
- Never copy others
- Use unique words that make your construction company stand out
Which state has the most companies in Nigeria?
It is common knowledge that Lagos is the best state in Nigeria in terms of industrialization, exposure, and easy access to a fairly large amount of the Nigerian market.
This is why many corporations and companies set up facilities in the State.
There is an unending list of top building construction companies in Lagos, as well as vacancies in construction companies in Lagos.
What are the three largest construction companies in Abuja?
There are many companies in Abuja.
You will find oil companies in Abuja, multiple multinational companies in Abuja, and the ones most important in this context, building construction companies in Abuja.
There are various building construction companies in Abuja, but here are the top three:
- Dantata and Sawoe Construction Company
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc.
- Setraco Nigeria Limited.
These three companies will be highly ranked on the top 10 engineering companies in Nigeria.
They are all juggernauts in the construction industry.
For example, Julius Berger is one of the overall top 50 companies in Nigeria, and Setraco will make any list of industries in Nigeria.
Conclusion on Construction Companies in Nigeria
Due to the great strides they’ve made in the construction companies, the names of companies in Nigeria are being mentioned when talking about construction on a global level.
The future of construction in Nigeria looks bright, and everyone should look forward to it.
If you gained insight from this article on the construction companies in Nigeria, do well to hit the share button.
Search this Blog
- Africa (103)
- Nigeria (103)
- Top Best Construction Companies in Lagos (Offices, Websites, CEOs & Projects)
- Richest Fuji Musician in Nigeria (Top 13 Updated)
- App Developers in Nigeria (Freelancers & Agencies Updated).
- How to Check your MTN number; Important MTN USSD Codes
- How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel (2021 Latest Update)
- How to Check My Glo Number with USSD (2021); All Codes for Glo Network
- Cost of Building & Roofing 3 Bedroom Flat in Nigeria (2021 Updated)
- Top 11 Nigerian Music Downloader Sites for Latest Songs (2021 Updated)
- Universities that Accept Third Class for Masters in Nigeria, Canada, and USA
- Grasscutter Farming; A Complete Guide on How to Start Grasscutter Farming in Nigeria