Oilfield companies get little praise and recognition in the oil and gas industry, which is probably why you may not know much about Schlumberger Nigeria.
This article is going to change the narrative by talking about Schlumberger Nigeria and highlighting some top 17 things you wished you knew about them.
Schlumberger Nigeria – An Introduction
Schlumberger is an oilfield company that originates from the United States.
The company currently has facilities in over 120 countries, including Nigeria, but it has its headquarters in Houston, Texas.
It also has other principal executive offices in London, Paris, and The Hague.
Schlumberger was created from the idea that if an electric field could be generated below ground, voltage measurements at the surface could be mapped to discover subsurface structure.
Oilfield companies are vital pieces of the oil and gas industry.
They perform activities such as providing oilfield equipment and services (OFS) that are used for oil and gas exploration and production.
These companies also perform energy data management, well construction, and drilling.
Their activities also cover discovering pockets of oil for oil companies.
When it comes to oilfield companies in Nigeria, Schlumberger Nigeria takes pole position.
The company is currently the world’s leading provider of oilfield tech and services for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry.
Schlumberger has been operating in Nigeria since 1970 – a venture which started when it was still an incorporated company.
Preceding this, Schlumberger already built the first and the oldest oil well in Nigeria and many more oil wells have been built by this prestigious company since then.
Top 17 Things You Wished You Knew About Schlumberger Nigeria
Schlumberger Nigeria isn’t in the spotlight in the Nigerian oil and gas industry, despite the fact that the work they do is vital to its survival.
Here’s a list of the top 17 things you wished you knew about Schlumberger Nigeria – maybe this will make you realize just how massive this company is.
How Much does Schlumberger Pay in Nigeria?
Thanks to the heap of crude oil and other hydrocarbon deposits beneath the surface in Nigeria, the oil and gas industry in the country has a majority of the most lucrative jobs.
This allows all companies in the oil and gas industry – including oilfield companies earn a lot of profits, and correspondingly pay their employees relatively high wages and salaries.
Here’s a breakdown of how much Schlumberger Nigeria pays its employees:
- Maintenance Technician – N760,000 monthly
- General Field Engineer – N520,000 monthly
- Administrator – N285,000 monthly
- Field Engineer – N210,000 monthly
- Field Specialist Trainee – N133,000 monthly
- Security Advisor – N103,000 monthly
- Intern – N72,000 monthly
Note that there are more employees and job positions than the aforementioned ones.
There is limited information about them currently.
How Do I get a Job at Schlumberger?
You can kickstart your Schlumberger Nigeria careers by applying for a job online.
To get a job at Schlumberger, you have to apply for available job positions.
To check if a particular job position is available in your region, simply check their career page.
If you find a suitable job position in your area, click on it.
Afterward, click on the “Apply” button on the right-hand side of the interface and begin your job application process.
Note: Only online applications are valid and you may be required to create an account before you proceed.
Is Schlumberger a Good Company to Work for?
Schlumberger is a good company to work for, not just because of the relatively high pay its workers enjoy, but because of the overall culture and environment in which they go about their duties.
The Schlumberger Nigeria management team, for example, provides an accommodating and robust learning bubble for all its workers.
Employees of Schlumberger not only do their jobs but are also incorporated into the idea and goals of the company, which makes it easier for them to perform optimally.
Here is a list of other benefits of working at Schlumberger:
- Discounted stock purchase plan where legally possible
- Life, accident, and disability insurance plans
- Fringe and mobility benefits
- Relocation support when required
- Performance incentive Plan or job bonus/commissions depending on role
- Health care
- Market-driven compensation
What is Schlumberger Known For?
Schlumberger is known as an oilfield services company, which many regard to be the best and largest in the world.
The company is known to provide technology and services to oil and gas industries to help in reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing.
Schlumberger is also known to provide the most extensive range of services and products in the energy industry.
The company is widely known for its bright innovative ideas, which is how the company was birthed in the first place.
How Do You Pronounce Schlumberger?
The correct pronunciation of Schlumberger is “shluhm·buh·zhei” with the “zhei” sounding like one would pronounce “zh” in “Zhang.”
Does Schlumberger Produce Oil?
Using sophisticated technology and technical labor, Schlumberger explores, extracts, refines, and produces hydrocarbon products – including oil.
Where is Schlumberger Headquarters?
3600 Briar Park Drive Houston, Texas, 77042. United States of America.
Who Owns Schlumberger Ltd?
Oliver Le Peuch is the current Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Schlumberger Ltd.
Here’s a list of shareholders in Schlumberger Ltd. and their percentage ownership according to Market Screener (2021).
- The Vanguard Group, Inc. – 8.28%
- Capital Research & Management Co. – 7.26%
- SSgA Funds Management, Inc. – 5.80%
- Dodge & Cox – 5.50%
- BlackRock Fund Advisors – 2.47%
- Loomis, Sayles & Co. – 2.26%
- Artisan Partners LP – 2.22%
- Capital Research & Management Co. (International Investors) – 2.12%
- First Eagle Investment Management LLC – 2.04%
- Geode Capital Management LLC – 1.60%
Who are Schlumberger’s Customers?
Well, Schlumberger’s customers are usually oil and gas companies in the energy sector.
These companies contract various oilfield operations to Schlumberger, which provides the tech and technological-know-how to help in drilling, oil production, oil exploration, and whatnot.
Does Schlumberger Offer Internships in Nigeria?
Schlumberger Nigeria internship opportunities are available for interested, motivated, and qualified individuals.
An internship at Schlumberger is an opportunity to understand the modus operandi of the company, and to determine if the work ethic, environment, and culture are right for your career.
Internship opportunities at Schlumberger Nigeria will depend on your area of specialization or study, however, it is possible that you qualify for more than one spot.
Internship opportunities at Schlumberger Nigeria cover the following disciplines:
- Geoscience and Petrotechnical
- Supply Chain
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Accounting and Finance
- Technology Development
Where is Schlumberger Located in Nigeria?
Schlumberger facilities and offices are located in different areas in Nigeria.
One of Schlumberger Nigeria address is 17/19 Idowu Taylor St, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Schlumberger Nigeria Limited Port Harcourt address is Trans-Amadi Industrial Layout Rd, Trans Amadi, Port Harcourt.
Most Schlumberger facilities and offices have a Schlumberger Nigeria logo, which is just a graphic design of the word “Schlumberger.”
How Does Schlumberger Make Money?
Schlumberger, like any other franchise in the world, exists to make money and profits.
The company does this by providing a variety of oil-field services to oil companies.
These services help oil companies in their end-to-end upstream operations, which mainly involve exploration and drilling.
Schlumberger has 4 main business segments namely:
- Reservoir Characterization
- Cameron (Pressure management and flow control in oil rigs)
Through these activities, Schlumberger has been able to generate revenue in the values of $27.8 bn, $30.4 bn, $32.8 bn, $32.9bn, and $27.1 bn in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 respectively.
What Subsidiaries or Brands Does Schlumberger Own?
Schlumberger operates in the oil and gas industry, as well as other spheres, through its various subsidiaries, some of which include:
- Cameron International
- M-I SWACO
- Eurasia Drilling Company Limited
- Peak Well Systems Ltd
- Smith Bits
- Schlumberger Wellog (M) Sdn Bhd
- Saltel Industries
- Meta Limited
- Peak Well Systems Pty Ltd
Who is the CEO of Schlumberger?
French Businessman, Oliver Le Peuch.
Who are Schlumberger’s Competitors?
Just like every other big-time company, Schlumberger has competitors who are constantly trying to take their place or avail themselves as viable alternatives.
Here’s a list of Schlumberger’s top competitors:
- Baker and Hughes
- BP Oil Company Plc.
- C & J Energy Services
- National Oilwell Varco (NOV) Oil and Gas Services
- Superior Energy Services
Where Does Schlumberger Fit in the Energy Industry?
Schlumberger performs activities such as reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the global energy industry, which are all vital to the survival of the energy industry.
The company also provides rig equipment and pressure tools for the oil and gas industry.
What Jobs are Available on Schlumberger?
There are various job opportunities at Schlumberger, ranging from Administration, Finance, Legal, Maintenance, Marketing, Human Resources, Sales and Commercial, and so on.
If you’re looking to work there, all you have to do is check if there are any positions that fit your career path.
Here’s a list of job positions available at Schlumberger in different locations across the world.
- IT Security Analyst
- Artificial Lift Engineer PRS
- Artificial Lift ESP & HPS field Engineer / Specialist PRS
- Assistant Tax Manager MSP
- Azure Analysis Services Developer MSP
- Azure ETL Software expert PRS
- Backend Information Developer MSP
- Backend Software Engineer
- BI Platform Engineer MSP
- BI Studio AAS Developer PRS
- Billing Clerk MSP
- Business Process Analyst Performance Management – IT
- Cameron Senior Mechanical Engineer PRS
- Cementing Field Specialist WEC – WCF
- Cementing Field Specialist/ Supervisor WEC
- Cloud DevOps engineer DAI – DSS
- Cloud Security Architect MSP
- CNC OPERATOR SFP
- Computer Science Internship (5 – 6 months) – Web Server on NEO interface card and client application on mobile device Technology
- Contracts Analyst Performance Management – GBS
- Core Completions Field Engineer / Specialist PRS
- Cost Accountant PRS HQ
- Cyber Security Automation & SIEM Engineer Performance Management
- Cyber Security Operations Analyst Performance Management – IT
- Data Platform Sustenance Analyst PRS
- Data Sustenance Analyst MSP (
- Digital & Integration Account Manager DAI – DSS (Digital Geoscience Solutions)
- Directional Driller WEC – WCM (Well Construction Measurement)
- Ecommerce Business Analyst
- Electronics Internship (5 – 6 months) – Reduce Turn-Around-time of Manufacturing Calibration Services Technology
- Embedded Software Engineer Technology – Development
- Embedded Software Internship (6 – 12 months) – Engineering a self-contained extensible test system that simulates real-time tool behavior to aid modular firmware development. Technology – Development
- Engineering Technician Technology – Delivery
- Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Earth Sciences Internship (6 months) – Development of Stochastic Framework for 1D Mechanical Earth Models Technology – Development
- Equipment Operator WEC – WCF (Well Construction Fluids)
- Equipment Operator WEC – WCF (Well Construction Fluids)
- ETL Developer MSP (Management and Support)
- ETL Developer
- Directional Driller Specialist WEC – WCM (Well Construction Measurement)
- Experienced Field Data Analyst WEC – WCM (Well Construction Measurement)
- Experienced Field Engineer Directional Driller (FE DD) WEC – WCM (Well Construction Measurement)
- Experienced Mud Logging Analyst WEC – WCM (Well Construction Measurement)
- Experienced MWD/LWD Field Engineers / Field Specialists
- Financial Accountant PRS
- Full Stack Developer DAI – DSS (Digital Geoscience Solutions)
- Full-stack Developer Performance Management – IT
- General Accountant Performance Management – GBS
- Graduate DevOps/Automation engineer (Full-Time Position) Technology – Development
- Graduate Electronics/Electrical Engineer Technology – Delivery
- Graduate Embedded Software Engineer Technology – Development
- HR Benefits Analyst Internship (12 months) Technology – Development
- Human Resources Internship (12 months) Technology
- IC MA Accountant PRS
- IC Management Accountant PRS
- Infrastructure Engineer Technology – Development
- Integration Developer PRS
- Internship Software Engineering (3 – 12 months) – Developing web interface and visualization for collecting data solution project Technology – Development
- Inventory Accounting Analyst PRS
- Junior Integration Developer PRS
- Laboratory Technician PRS – MPS (Midstream Production Systems)
- Lead Planner SSPS
- Liner Hanger Engineer PRS – WPRS (Well Production Systems)
- Machinist MPS (VALVES)
- Machinist SFP
- Manufacturing Planner SFP
- Materials Engineer (Polymers) Technology – Development
- Mechanical Engineer SSPS
- Minerals Mill Worker WEC – WCF (Well Construction Fluids)
- Moulding Team Lead SSPS
- PowerBI Developer PRS
- PowerBI/SSAS Senior Software expert PRS
- Process Engineer Liquid Recovery & Nitrogen Rejection PRS – MPS (Midstream Production Systems)
- Process Engineer Sulfur Recovery Unit PRS – MPS (Midstream Production Systems)
- Project Accountant PRS
- Project Coordinator SSPS
- A Project Engineer – Production Facility PRS – MPS (Midstream Production Systems)
- Project Manager SSPS
- Project Planner SSPS
- Research Internship Chemistry – or related (3 – 12 months) – Gas Measurements for Sensor Development Technology – Development
- Research Internship Material Science, Physical Chemistry (3 – 12 months) – Development of elastomer Nanocomposites for extreme conditions of use Technology – Development
- A Research Internship Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics (3 – 12 months) – Flow and structure of attractive colloidal systems Technology – Development
- Research Internship Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics (3 – 12 months) – Interaction of solids with surfactants and its effect on the structure of oil-based drilling fluids Technology – Development
- RMC Completions Supervisor PRS – WPRS (Well Production Systems)
- Rotating Equipment Engineer PRS – MPS (Midstream Production Systems)
- Sales Engineer Representative PRS – WPRS (Well Production Systems)
- Sales Lead SLB Employee
- A Sales Representative – Drilling Services WEC – WCM (Well Construction Measurement)
- SAP QA Test Analyst MSP (Management and Support)
- SAP Support Analyst Sales & Services
- Senior Data Scientist
- Senior Flow Assurance Engineer
- Software Architect
- Software Security Engineer – IT Security
- UX/UI Designer
- UX/ETL Developer
Schlumberger Nigeria Scholarship
Schlumberger in partnership with various foreign universities and schools has set up various scholarship schemes for students in Nigeria and all over the world.
These scholarships may cover various degrees of education such as B.Sc., Masters, and Ph.D.
The scholarships will not only cover tuition fees but also provide allowances/stipends for chosen students.
Scholarships in Schlumberger may also come in form of internship.
For more details on Schlumberger Nigeria Scholarship schemes, visit the company’s website for more details.
Concluding Words on Schlumberger Nigeria
Schlumberger Nigeria is a top company in Nigeria, especially in the energy industry.
Their existence is responsible for the success of many top oil companies we see today, so the importance of their tech and services cannot be overemphasized.
If you enjoyed this read on Schlumberger Nigeria, kindly hit the share button to share the article.
Search this Blog
- Africa (105)
- Nigeria (105)
- General Information (62)
- North Central (9)
- North East (5)
- North West (1)
- South East (13)
- South South (13)
- South West (20)
- Nigeria (105)
- 21 Best Betting Sites in Nigeria; 2021 Guide (Fast Cashout, Big Odds, & Bonuses)
- Best Musician in Nigeria (Surprising Top 15)
- Top Best Construction Companies in Lagos (Offices, Websites, CEOs & Projects)
- Richest Fuji Musician in Nigeria (Top 13 Updated)
- App Developers in Nigeria (Freelancers & Agencies Updated).
- How to Check your MTN number; Important MTN USSD Codes
- How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel (2021 Latest Update)
- How to Check My Glo Number with USSD (2021); All Codes for Glo Network
- Cost of Building & Roofing 3 Bedroom Flat in Nigeria (July 2021 Update)
- Top 11 Nigerian Music Downloader Sites for Latest Songs (2021 Updated)