Looking to know about Niger Delta University? This article highlights all the things you need to know about the university; from courses to post UTME, school fees, website, etc.
Niger Delta University History, Logo and Address
The Niger Delta University (NDU) is a university in Bayelsa State, a state in the south-south geopolitical of Nigeria.
The university is located precisely on Wilberforce Island, an island within the state.
However, you should know that although the university was established to cover the region, it does not stop people from other parts of the country from attending the school.
Bayelsa State is one of the smallest states in Nigeria, and NDU is one out of the two universities in the state with Federal University Otuoke being the second school.
NDU was established in 2000 by then governor of Bayelsa State, Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha.
The school has two campuses with one in the Yenagoa and the other in Amassoma.
Additionally, the university also has a Niger Delta University Teaching Hospital located in Okolobiri.
The school is accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC) and offers education at Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. levels.
The NDU Logo has a light torch at the centre, an open book representing education and blue backgrounds representing the ocean.
There is also a green field.
The Logo has the inscription – ‘Creativity, Excellence, Service’ which is the color of the school.
The official NDU website is http://www.ndu.edu.ng/.
Faculties and Courses (Departments) in Niger Delta University
There are numerous courses in NDU, and these courses fall under 12 faculties.
The faculties and departments in NDU are;
Faculty of Agricultural Technology
- Agricultural Economics
- Crop and Soil Production
- Animal Science
Faculty of Arts
- English and Literary Studies
- Religious Studies
- Theatre Arts
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Medical laboratory science
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
Faculty of Clinical Sciences
- Community Medicine and Public Health
- Family Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Faculty of Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical/Petroleum/Petrochemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Education
- Arts Education
- Educational Foundations
- Library And Information Science
- Science Education
- Social Science Education
- Vocational & Technical Education
Faculty of Law
- Jurisprudence/Public Law
- Private and Property Law
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Administration
- Office Management Technology
Faculty of Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Maternal and Child Health Nursing
- Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
Faculty of Pharmacy
- Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmacognosy & Herbal Medicine
- Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutical Technology
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology & Biotechnology
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
Faculty of Sciences
- Biological Science
- Computer Science
- Pure and Applied Chemistry
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Geography and Environmental Management
- Political Science
- Mass Communication
- Nigeria Maritime University Delta State; Courses, Admission, Website & More
- Western Delta University; Courses, Admission, School Fees, Website & More
- Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi-Uku; Courses, Post UTME, School Fees & More
- Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro, Courses, Post UTME, School Fees & More
NDU Post Graduate School
It is only right that a school continues to improve its offers with a postgraduate school.
Some schools focus on only undergraduate studies, neglecting the aspect of postgraduate studies.
A standard school should have provision for both, and this university does.
The Goals of the School’s Post Graduate School include;
- Provide the opportunity for NDU graduates and graduates from similar institutions to continue the quest for knowledge across the Faculties.
- Realize the vision of the school through innovative and creative research.
- Maintain at all times, the tradition of excellence through the quality of our research by instilling in our students the exceptional values of independent work nourished by collaboration and team spirit.
- Guarantee the highest standards in teaching and research by periodic review of the programs.
- Equip our students for service at the highest possible level in the University, government and private sector through the depth of knowledge and relevance of research.
- Encourage the discovery and the dissemination of new knowledge and create a new use for old knowledge.
If you share the same thoughts as the goals, you should start prepping and applying to the Niger Delta University Postgraduate School.
Niger Delta University School Fees
NDU school fees vary and is dependent on some factors like course of study or state of origin. Indigenes of Bayelsa state pay a lesser amount than others.
Also, those taking science courses pay a higher amount than others.
The tuition fee is usually not expensive, but when you add other essentials, it increases the amount that people pay.
NDU School Fees for Indigenes
Indigenes of Bayelsa State pay between 100,000 – 120,000 naira as their total package.
NDU School Fees for Non-Indigenes
Non-indigenes pay between 150,000 – 170,000 naira as their total package.
Niger Delta University Cut Off Mark
All students who wish to pursue an undergraduate program in any Nigerian university must write JAMB, and there is an obtainable score you must get before the university would accept you.
Although JAMB has its cut-off mark, some universities go further to also place their cut-off mark as it helps them to set a standard.
If you want to school at the university, it is proper that you know its cut-off mark so that you can prepare for it.
The cut-off mark of Niger Delta University is 160.
NDU Admission Requirements
According to the school, to be considered for admission into the first-degree program, candidates should;
- Have five credits pass in not more than two sittings in any of the following examinations;
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level Examination
- West African School Certificate Examination (WASCE),
- National Examination Council (NECO),
- National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB) or their equivalents
- Obtain the minimum cut-off score in UME conducted by JAMB
- Meet the various departmental registration requirements.
NDU Vice-Chancellor 2021
The Niger Delta University Vice-Chancellor in 2021 is Prof. Samuel G. Edoumiekumo.
Before him, there have been three other VCs for NDU.
List of NDU VCs
- Professor John Cecil Buseri (Pioneer VC of NDU)
- Professor Chris Ikporukpo
- and Professor Humphrey Ogoni
- Professor Samuel Gowon Edoumiekumo (Current VC of NDU)
- Obudu Cattle Ranch (Obudu Mountain Resort); All You Should Know
- Niger Delta States; History, Governors, Population, All to Know
- Nigeria Maritime University Delta State; Courses, Admission, Website, All to Know
- Niger Delta University; Courses, Post Utme, Website & all to know
- Western Delta University; Courses, School Fees, Portal and all to know
- Delta State Polytechnic Ogwashi-Uku; Courses, Post UTME, School Fees, Website; All to Know
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Niger Delta Uni
Is Niger Delta University a federal university?
Niger Delta University is not a federal university. Instead, it is a state university fully funded by the Bayelsa state government.
Does Niger Delta University offer medicine and surgery?
Niger Delta University offers medicine and surgery under the faculty of clinical sciences.
When was Niger Delta University established?
Niger Delta University was established in 2000, which currently makes it 20 years in existence.
It started with undergraduate programs and added postgraduate courses to the list in 2008.
Where is Niger Delta University located?
Niger Delta University is located on Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State.
It’s worth noting that besides playing host to NDU, Wilberforce Island is also home to the Bayelsa International Airport.
How to check Niger Delta University post-UTME result?
After writing Post UTME, which is an examination, set by the school as part of the admission requirements, students are usually curious about how to check Niger Delta Post UTME result.
You can get such information by checking the official portal of Niger Delta University at nduscreening.com/checkPutmeResult/.
On the portal, input your JAMB registration number where appropriate and click on check status.
Does NDU write Post UTME?
If there are some universities that do not write Post UTME, Niger Delta University is not among them. NDU writes Post UTME.
The school ensures to make all its aspiring candidates undergo Post UTME so that their efficiency and capacity can be tested.
Before this is done, information would be sent out when sales of the form begin. You should be on alert to get information.
How do I apply for NDU?
You can apply for NDU via the official website https://www.ndu.edu.ng/.
You will get all the necessary information that relates to the admission process in the school, and when sales of admission form start.
How can I check my NDU admission list?
You can check your NDU admission list via clearance.nduportal.com.
When you are on the site, check for the appropriate space to input your JAMB registration number.
After that, click on check admission and you can see if your name is on the list or not.
Does NDU take second choice?
If you do not pick Niger Delta University (NDU) as your first choice during JAMB, there are little to no chances of you getting admission as NDU does not accept second choices.
If you wish to school at this university, you have to put it as your first choice when you are writing JAMB.
Conclusion on Niger Delta University
That is it; everything you need to know about NDU in Bayelsa State.
We hope this article on Niger Delta University and everything you need to know to equip you with the information you need.
If you found this helpful or have any questions, kindly use the comment section.
Hit the share button to share this post.
Search this Blog
- Africa (101)
- Nigeria (101)
- App Developers in Nigeria (Freelancers & Agencies Updated).
- How to Check your MTN number; Important MTN USSD Codes
- How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel (2021 Latest Update)
- How to Check My Glo Number with USSD (2021); All Codes for Glo Network
- Cost of Building & Roofing 3 Bedroom Flat in Nigeria (2021 Updated)
- Top 11 Nigerian Music Downloader Sites for Latest Songs (2021 Updated)
- Universities that Accept Third Class for Masters in Nigeria, Canada, and USA
- Grasscutter Farming; A Complete Guide on How to Start Grasscutter Farming in Nigeria
- Cucumber Farming in Nigeria; Complete Guide on How to Start (2021)
- Nigerian Navy Ranks and Salary (Updated)