Do you want to know how to transfer airtime from Airtel to Airtel (2021 latest update easy steps)? This article is just for you. This article discusses various ways to transfer airtime on Airtel.
Have a good read.
How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel – An Introduction
Airtime transfer and data transfer are two of the best service innovations of telecommunication networks like Airtel.
Gone are the days when the only options of getting airtime or data to your phone were by buying from your bank or loading recharge cards.
With this feature, Airtel users can transfer data and airtime to other Airtel users.
The Airtel SmartShare offer provides this unique opportunity, but unfortunately, not many people know how to share credit on Airtel.
Many individuals don’t know how to transfer data from Airtel to Airtel either.
This article will be taking you through how to transfer airtime and data on Airtel, so sit tight and pay attention.
How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel
Transferring airtime on Airtel is quite easy if you understand the process and know the rules.
Know that airtime transfer on Airtel will only work between Airtel to Airtel lines.
Airtime transfer between Airtel and other networks like Glo, MTN, and 9mobile isn’t possible just yet.
Also, you will be asked for a pin (a four-digit code) to complete the airtime transfer.
The default transfer pin for Airtel is always 1234.
However, you will be asked to change this pin for security purposes.
Follow the process below to change transfer pin on Airtel:
- Dial *141#
- Click on Data gifting and sharing (option 6)
- Select the Change PIN option (option 1).
- Now, enter your Old PIN (default pin- 1234) and send.
- Enter your New PIN (make it simple so you can remember it easily) and send.
- You will be asked to confirm the new pin. Do this by re-entering your new pin and send.
Without any network issues, this process should be successful.
A text message will be sent to you to confirm it.
Now that you have reset your pin, you can transfer airtime on your Airtel line.
Step by Step Process on How to Transfer Credit from Airtel to Airtel
*432# is the Airtel credit transfer code, so we’ll start from there.
- Dial *432#
- Click on Airtel to Airtel from the list of options
- Input the recipient’s phone number
- Enter the airtime amount
- Enter your transfer pin and send
That’s all. This is how to share airtime on Airtel.
Note: 5,000 naira is the daily transfer limit, and a service charge of 10 Naira will be deducted on every transfer.
How to Transfer Data on Airtel
There are two ways to share data on Airtel’s SmartShare service;
- Data Me2U and
- The Data Gifting.
This method allows you to transfer or share the data on your line.
That means, if you have 500 MB on your line, you can transfer 100MB to another customer on the Airtel network.
To do this, simply dial *141# and select 6 which is the option for Gifting and Sharing.
Select Data Me2U and follow the prompt to input the recipient’s phone number, the amount of data you want to transfer, and your pin.
If you haven’t used this Airtel data share service before, your default pin is 1234.
You will be required to change it to a pin of your choice.
Here, you get to buy data for another Airtel customer using the airtime on your Airtel line.
To do this, simply dial *141# and select 6 which is the option for Gifting and Sharing.
Select Data Gifting and follow the prompt to input the recipient’s phone number, the data plan for the recipient, and your pin.
Your default/first pin is 1234, but you will be asked to change it to a pin of your choice.
These two methods of how to transfer Airtime data work perfectly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Airtel, Airtime, and Data Transfer
How to Check Airtel Number
Airtel is one of the biggest telecommunications networks in Nigeria and one of the most popular too.
Like users of other network companies in Nigeria, Airtel users have a designated phone number through which they can contact people and be contacted – it is more like a user identity on the network.
It is a norm to remember your Airtel number by heart, but it is also very possible to forget or miss out on a few numbers.
If you’re in this situation and you need to check your Airtel number, don’t panic just yet.
There are a few ways of checking your Airtel phone number without breaking a sweat.
Pay attention to these methods of how to check your Airtel number:
Method 1 of checking Airtel phone number
This method is as easy as it gets to check Airtel phone number. Pay attention.
- Insert the Airtel SIM card in a phone
- Dial *282# and wait for a couple of seconds
If there are no network issues, you will receive a flash message with your phone number within seconds.
*282# is a USSD code for checking Airtel phone number and it works almost every time.
Method 2 of checking Airtel phone number
This method of checking Airtel number requires the use of another USSD code.
- Insert the Airtel SIM card in a phone
- Dial *121*1# and wait for a couple of seconds
If there are no network issues, you will receive a message with a special Airtel offer, click on it, and within a few seconds, you will receive a second message with your Airtel phone number.
Method 3 of checking Airtel phone number
This method will only work if you have the Airtel app on your phone and you’ve logged in on it before.
Simply open the app and your Airtel mobile number should be displayed clearly on the home page interface.
With the app, you can also find other information like your data balance, credit balance, tariff plans, and whatnot.
Method 4 of checking Airtel phone number
This last method to check your Airtel phone number is also quite simple.
- Insert the Airtel SIM card in a phone
- Dial 121 or 198. Both numbers are the customer care lines.
- Listen carefully to the automated customer care voice and follow the instructions.
- Click on 1 for “Mobile Services” and the voice will CALL out your mobile number and some other details about your line.
As you can see, all four methods on how to check Airtel phone number are quite simple.
What is Airtel USSD code?
Airtel USSD is a string of numbers with “*” to the left and “#” to the right that activate various services on the Airtel network, e.g. *232#.
They can also be referred to as Airtel service codes. There are many Airtel USSD codes, each with its function.
Here’s a list of Airtel service codes and what they work for:
- *123*10# or *123*# to check Free 2G Data balance
- *121*8# to check Airtel 4G balance
- *141*10# or 52141 for Airtel Loans
- *123*2# or *555# to check Local SMS balance
- *123# to check Airtel balance
- *121*7# to check the last 5 transactions and Value Added Services.
- *121# and click on 1 to change Airtel Service Menu Language
- *123*8# to check for free STD Minutes balance
- *123*7# to check for free Local, STD SMS balance
- *123*11# to check 3G Data balance
- *123*197# to check Airtel Night Data balance
- *121# to check My Airtel, My Offer
- *123*1# to check Airtel to Airtel credit balance
- *325# to activate Free Facebook Access
- *121*4# for Airtel Value Added Services
- *123*6# to check local Airtel to Airtel Night Minutes balance
- *777# Local National SMS Packs
- *121*7# and click on 1 to check Airtel Balance Deduction Summary
- *141# for Airtel Talk time Gift Service (Share or Ask Talk time)
- *888# for Missed Call Alert
- *222# to check special 5 offers
- *121*8# for Airtel Unlimited Cafe Pack for 1 Hour
- *515# for Twitter Service
- *121*3# for Airtel Recharge with Coupon Code
- *566# for Airtel Special Offers and Rewards
- *141*10# to request for data/credit loan
- *567# for GPRS (Activation/Deactivation)
- *121*5# or *121*7# to Start or Stop Airtel VAS Service
- *321# for Airtel Live Services
- *678# to check Hello Tunes Menu
- *282# to check your Airtel number
- *121*10# or *121*11# for Airtel Smart & Data Pack Detail Check
- *141# to activate Airtel Call me Back SMS Service
- *121*7# and click on 2 to check Airtel Last Recharge Detail
How can I activate my Airtel number?
Airtel 4G is the fourth and fastest generation of broadband cellular network tech on Airtel so it is no surprise that many Airtel users are switching to it.
However, switching to 4G on a 3G or 2G SIM is not likely to work, so Airtel users must buy a 4G SIM and then activate it.
Don’t worry, activating a new Airtel 4G SIM is free of charge and is quite simple.
Here are the steps for Airtel number activation:
- Send the 20-digit SIM number from the old Airtel number to 121
- Reply 1 to confirm the request
- Wait for some minutes for your phone to disconnect from the network
- Eject the old SIM from the phone and insert the new one.
- Switch on the phone and wait for some minutes
…and just like that, you have successfully activated your new Airtel 4G SIM.
Another reason why you may want to activate your Airtel SIM is that it was deactivated.
There are many reasons why your line may have been deactivated, one of which is if you refuse to perform any activity on it for a long time (90 days).
But not to worry, you can re-activate it and start using it once again.
Here’s the process:
- Start by requesting for activation via email at [email protected] or customer care (121).
- Visit an Airtel office and request for SIM reactivation.
- Fill the form that will be provided to you appropriately. If you cannot remember certain details, then leave it blank.
- After confirming your details, your line should be reactivated within a couple of hours.
You will be required to bring a valid means of identification (Driver’s license, work ID, International passport, National ID card), National Identity Number (NIN), and proof of ownership of the SIM.
If you do not have the last item on the list, a signed affidavit from the court acknowledging your ownership of the SIM.
Note that you can reactivate your line only 15 days after it was deactivated.
If the 15 days of grace lapse, your line can be reassigned to another Airtel user and you cannot get it back after that.
How do I get 10 Times what I recharge on my Airtel line?
To get 10 times what you recharge on your Airtel line, simply load the recharge card in this format: *220*Recharge PIN#.
How do I make cheap calls to all networks in Nigeria?
The Airtel tariff plan to be on if you want to make cheap calls to all networks in Nigeria is SmartTalk.
To migrate to Airtel SmartTalk and make calls at an unbelievable 11kb/sec, simply dial *315#.
What is the Airtel call me back code?
If you don’t have enough airtime on your Airtel line to send a message or call someone, but you need to contact them, there’s a way for you to do that.
It is called “Call me back.”
This service allows you to send 5 free messages a day, saying “Please, call me back.”
Here are the instructions on how to send call me back on Airtel:
- Dial *140*Recipient Number# to send “please call me back”, or
- Dial *141*8*Recipient Number# to send “please send me credit”.
Your free message to the recipient should be delivered to the recipient within a couple of minutes.
What is the code for Airtel balance inquiry?
When making balance inquiries, you either want to check your data balance or your credit balance.
Here’s how to check both:
To check Airtel airtime balance, simply dial *223# and wait for a message highlighting your airtime balance. This is the simple method of how to check Airtel credit balance.
To check Airtel data balance, simply dial 140# and wait for a message highlighting your data balance. Alternatively, you can dial *141#, then select “9. Data balance” from the list of options.
Within seconds, you will also receive a message with your data balance details. This is the simple method of how to check Airtel balance (data).
How to borrow airtime on Airtel
Airtel ExtraCredit allows users to borrow airtime on Airtel if they ever run out.
This service also comes in handy during emergencies and there’s no time, money, or opportunity to recharge.
To activate Airtel ExtraCredit and borrow airtime, simply dial *500# and select 2, which is borrow credit.
After doing this, a list of possible amounts to borrow will be displayed on the screen for you to select.
After selecting the option you want, you will be automatically credited with that amount.
The borrowed airtime will be deducted immediately on your next recharge.
A shorter method to do this is by dialing *500*credit*amount#.
For example, if you want to borrow 200 naira, simply dial *500*200#.
If you’re eligible to borrow that amount, you will be credited almost immediately.
Remember that Airtel will deduct a 15% service charge from the amount they credit you.
This means that if you borrow 500 naira, you will be credited with only 425 naira.
Airtel will remove a service charge of 75 Naira.
How can I configure my Airtel line for data?
You can configure your Airtel line for data via two ways – Automatically or Manually
- For Automatic Settings Simply Text Internet to 232.
- For manual settings, use the settings below:
Make sure that your mobile data is turned on during this process
How do I deactivate my data bundle on Airtel?
Use the codes below to deactivate your data bundle on Airtel:
- BB Bundle: Text STOP AUTO RENEW to 440
- Android Bundles: *438*100#
- Daily/Weekly bundles: Text STOP to 141
- Mega bundles: *408*100#
How to subscribe for data on Airtel
There are many data plans on Airtel to choose from.
To find this list of data plans, simply dial *141# and select any one of your choices.
Can I Use my Airtel social bundle to Surf the Internet?
The social bundle only works on social media apps like WhatsApp, 2go, WeChat, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
The social data bundle cannot be used to browse the internet.
How to load Airtel card
Airtel recharge cards are out of vogue.
These days, most people buy data or airtime directly from their bank accounts or via vendors.
However, Airtel recharge cards still exist, and here’s a short instructional process on how to recharge a card.
- Depending on the type of card you buy, you may need to scratch a silver panel to reveal a 16-digit code.
- For some, like the paper type, you don’t need to scratch anything.
- The code is right there for you to see.
- The code to load Airtel card is *126*, so recharge your line with the 16-digit code by dialing in this format: *126*PIN#.
- For example, if the 16-digit pin is 122334455667788, dial it this way: *126*123456789101112#.
What are the available Airtel tariff plans?
|Airtel Tariff Plans||Migration codes|
|Airtel 6X bundles||*555*PIN#|
How do I know my Airtel number?
If you want to know your Airtel number when you’ve forgotten it, what you need to learn is how to check for Airtel number, which is quite simple.
All you have to do is dial *282#.
Your phone number will be sent to you via text within a matter of seconds.
How can I transfer credit from Airtel to Airtel?
The Airtel transfer code (for airtime) is *432#.
Here’s the process to transfer credit from Airtel to Airtel:
- Start by dialing *432#
- Select Airtel to Airtel from the list of options
- Type in the recipient’s phone number
- Input the airtime amount
- Enter your transfer pin
- Click on send
Remember that 5,000 naira is the daily transfer limit, and for each transfer, a service charge of 10 naira will be deducted.
Which code can I use to transfer airtime from Airtel to Airtel?
The code to transfer airtime from Airtel to Airtel is *432#. After dialing this code, select the Airtel to Airtel option.
You will be asked to enter the recipient’s number, airtime amount, and your transfer pin.
After inputting the correct details, click on send.
That’s the full process of transferring airtime from Airtel to Airtel.
How do I activate share and sell on Airtel?
Activating share and sell on Airtel is the same as transferring airtime.
To transfer airtime on Airtel, start by dialing *432#.
You will be prompted to input the recipient’s number, airtime amount, and transfer pin.
Click on send to complete the process.
How can I change my Airtel data transfer pin?
The default Airtel data transfer pin is 1234.
However, Airtel users are advised to change this pin for security purposes.
To change your Airtel data transfer pin, follow the process below:
- Start by dialing *141# from your Airtel line
- Select Data gifting and sharing (option 6)
- Next, select Change PIN (option 1).
- Enter your Old PIN (default pin- 1234) and send.
- Enter your New PIN (make sure it is four digits and you can easily remember it) and send.
- Confirm your new PIN by re-entering your new pin and send.
If the process is successful, you will receive a message to that effect.
Can I transfer airtime from MTN to Airtel?
The only airtime transfers possible are from Airtel to Airtel or MTN or MTN.
To transfer airtime from MTN to MTN, you have to change your default pin first.
The default pin 0000, which is obviously weak.
To change your transfer pin send a message to 777 in this format:
Default pin (space) New pin (space) New pin.
Note that the new pin must be 4 digits.
For example, if you want to change your default pin to 5734, send the message to 777 in this format: 0000 5734 5734.
You can also change your transfer pin via USSD.
To do this, follow the procedure below:
Dial *777*default pin*new pin*new pin#
For instance, if you want to change the default pin to 5734, simply dial *777*0000*5734*5734#
How can I get my Airtel transfer pin?
If you have never used the Airtel to Airtel transfer service before, your default pin is 0000.
However, you will be required to change this to a pin of your choice.
If you have changed your pin in the past and you can’t remember it, you need to call a customer care representative to help you out.
Dial 121 or 198 to speak to the Airtel customer care representative.
How do you convert airtime into cash?
You may find yourself having excess airtime on your phone, and you want to sell it for cash.
The best way to convert the airtime to cash is to reach out to your friends or even strangers interested in recharging their lines.
If you find interested individuals, send the airtime amount they want and collect the corresponding amount as cash.
There are some other apps and individuals that offer airtime to cash services.
Be careful when dealing with such outlets, because they are not official sources and some of them are untraceable in case they don’t deliver.
How to register family and friends on Airtel
The Airtel Family and Friends plan gives you call rate discounts on the Airtel phone numbers you add to it.
This service is available to all prepaid Airtel users and it allows you to call the people on the list at cheaper rates.
Follow the steps below to learn how to add phone numbers to your Family and Friends list:
Simply dial *311*2*number#.
For example, if the Airtel number you want to add to your FAF list is 080555555555, dial *311*2*080555555555#.
A message telling you that you have successfully added a number to your FAF will be sent to you within seconds.
Adding people to your FAF list is not a permanent thing, so you can also receive phone numbers from the list.
Here’s how to remove numbers from your FAF list:
Simply dial *311*3*number# and the number will be automatically removed from the list.
To check the list of phone numbers on your FAF list, simply dial *311*4#.
A message highlighting all the phone numbers on your FAF list will be sent to you in no time.
Conclusion on How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel
This article has covered everything from how to transfer data and airtime from Airtel to Airtel to how to check phone number on Airtel, how to migrate to Airtel tariff plans and so much more.
You should have no issues using your Airtel line now.
If you found this article on How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel and more insightful, kindly hit the share button to share the article.
Search this Blog
- Africa (105)
- Nigeria (105)
- General Information (62)
- North Central (9)
- North East (5)
- North West (1)
- South East (13)
- South South (13)
- South West (20)
- Nigeria (105)
- 21 Best Betting Sites in Nigeria; 2021 Guide (Fast Cashout, Big Odds, & Bonuses)
- Best Musician in Nigeria (Surprising Top 15)
- Top Best Construction Companies in Lagos (Offices, Websites, CEOs & Projects)
- Richest Fuji Musician in Nigeria (Top 13 Updated)
- App Developers in Nigeria (Freelancers & Agencies Updated).
- How to Check your MTN number; Important MTN USSD Codes
- How to Transfer Airtime on Airtel (2021 Latest Update)
- How to Check My Glo Number with USSD (2021); All Codes for Glo Network
- Cost of Building & Roofing 3 Bedroom Flat in Nigeria (July 2021 Update)
- Top 11 Nigerian Music Downloader Sites for Latest Songs (2021 Updated)